- This event has passed.
Extractable and Leachable Compounds: The Importance of Having Unique Identifications and its Impact on Toxicological Risk Evaluation
November 8, 2014 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sign up below for our webinar on extractable and leachable compounds. Knowing the structure of a chemical compound is of high importance, even at the level of an extraction study, because it’s the chemical structure (a.o.) that will determine its toxicity. Toxikon developed a unique tool, called TOX-RITE (Rapid Initial Toxicological Evaluation) to allow a quick toxicological screening of the analytical results of an extraction study. This allows to rapidly identify which compounds should be monitored during the subsequent “formal” leachable study.
- Introduction – Regulatory Aspects
- Designing an Extractable & Leachable Study
- Tools to assist in Unique Identifications: Toxikon’s TOX-RAY Screener Database
- High-End Analytical Techniques, used by Toxikon, which can contribute to further unravel the Structure of a Molecule
- The Importance of having a Chemical Structure for subsequent toxicological evaluations
- Toxikon’s TOX-RITE approach to Rapid Initial Toxicological Evaluations for Extractable Studies