- This event has passed.
Biocompatibility Explained – A Primer and Refresher
November 19, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Biocompatibility is a complex and ever-changing topic and this talk will review:
- What is biocompatibility?
- How to classify a device and select endpoints for analysis
- Difference between horizontal and vertical standards and FDA guidance documents
- Common differences between ISO 10993-1 and FDA expectations
- Sample preparation for testing
- What standards are most commonly used for the evaluation of each endpoint
- Introduction to common biocompatibility methods