It is always our pleasure to have prospective and current sponsors visit our facilities. The following information may be useful in planning your visit to our Bedford, MA campus. If we can help make arrangements for your visit, or answer any questions, please contact your Toxikon host or call our office at (781) 275-3330.
Traveling to Toxikon
Toxikon is located 15 miles northwest of downtown Boston, and easily accessible via Interstates 93 / 95 and MA state routes 2 and 3. We are within driving distance of Boston Logan International Airport (Boston, MA), Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (Manchester, NH), and T.F. Green Airport (Providence, RI). Optionally, we are a short taxi or car share ride from the Woburn stop of the Logan Express shared bus serving Logan Airport.
Visiting the Toxikon Campus
When you arrive at our Bedford, Massachusetts facility, please proceed to the front desk of 15 Wiggins Avenue and see the receptionist. You will be asked to present a photo ID; once you sign in, you will be issued a visitor badge, which must be worn and visible at all times while you are in the facility and returned to the front desk when you leave. The receptionist will then notify your Toxikon host.
Please note that the following guidelines are in place for confidentiality and safety:
- To maintain client confidentiality, you must remain with your Toxikon host when you are not in a designated work area.
- Cellular phones and cameras are not permitted within our laboratories and other areas of our facility. You may use your cell phone in our front lobby only.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in our laboratory and research areas. Please dispose of any food or beverage containers outside of these areas.
- Toxikon maintains a no-smoking policy. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in or on Toxikon property.
- Appropriate footwear is required. Sandals, open-toed shoes, high-heels and canvas sneakers are not permitted.
- Lab coats will be provided for tours and must be worn at all times in Toxikon’s laboratory and research areas. While in a laboratory, your visitor badge must remain visible.
- Lab coats must be removed before entering bathrooms, conference rooms, the lobby, or any carpeted area.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you.
Lodging Near Toxikon
There are several hotel options near the Toxikon campus at a variety of price points and amenity levels. Commercial travel planning sites will have up-to-date pricing and availability information.
Common options for Toxikon visitors include:
- Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
25 Middlesex Turnpike, Billerica, MA 01821
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Billerica/Bedford/Burlington
35 Middlesex Turnpike, Billerica, MA 01821
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston – Bedford Glen
44 Middlesex Turnpike, Bedford, MA 01730
- Boston Marriott Burlington
One Burlington Mall Road, Burlington, MA 01803
- Courtyard Boston Billerica/Bedford
270 Concord Road, Billerica, MA 01821
- Aloft Lexington
727 Marrett Road – A, Lexington, MA 02421
- Element Lexington
727 Marrett Road – B, Lexington, MA 02421
Enjoying Your Visit to Bedford, Boston, and Beyond
The town of Bedford came into its own in the 18th century, being just an earshot from the “shot heard ‘round the world” on that fateful day on April 19, 1775 that marked the beginning of the American Revolutionary War with the battles of Lexington and Concord. Located just 15 miles northwest of Boston, the greater Bedford area is not only home to many life sciences companies like Toxikon, it is centrally located to many New England historical, natural, and entertainment attractions. From quaint colonial New England towns to the bustling Boston metropolis, the options for sightseeing are endless.
Lexington (4 miles from Bedford)
Incorporated in 1713, Lexington is a beautiful New England town, well-known for its many historical buildings, parks, and monuments, most dating from Colonial and Revolutionary periods. Landmarks include Old Burying Ground, the Old Belfry, Buckman Tavern, the Revolutionary Monument, and the 900-acre Minuteman National Historical Park. Stroll down its quaint main street for boutique shopping and a variety of restaurants.
Concord (5 miles from Bedford)
Settled in 1635, beautiful downtown Concord is an iconic New England town. Old North Bridge in Minute Man National Historical Park is a landmark for the American Revolutionary War’s “shot heard ‘round the world.” With a great literary background, destinations include Thoreau’s cabin site at Walden Pond, the Wayside House, Louisa May Alcott’s home at Orchard House, and “Author’s Ridge” at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery – the burial site for Alcott, as well as Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, and Nathaniel Hawthorne.
Boston (Approximately 15 miles from Bedford)
The largest city in New England, Boston is considered the cultural center of the region. With a rich history dating back to 1630, major historical events in Boston include the Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre, the Battle of Bunker Hill, and Paul Revere’s famous ride. For the best views and history lessons, either hop a Duck Boat for a ride around town or follow the Freedom trail for a 2.5 mile red-lined walk that leads to sixteen significant historic sites in Boston. Boston offers something for everyone, including shopping on Newbury Street, ball games at Fenway Park, and great art collections at the Museum of Fine Art, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, or the Institute for Contemporary Art. World-class restaurants, clubs, and other entertainment options will round out your visit to Boston.