Unparalleled expertise in disease model development.
Our multidisciplinary team provides expertise in the scientific and technical disciplines of ophthalmology, pharmacology, analytical and bioanalytical chemistry, and toxicology.
Performed in a variety of models, Toxikon’s preclinical ocular studies include:
- Acute irritation
- ocular tissue distribution
- pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD)
- dose escalation
- acute and repeat dose toxicity
- required ISO and OECD/ICH guideline testing programs
- drug screening and efficacy
Additionally, ocular studies can be customized for targeted therapeutics, including such ocular disease models as dry eye, corneal wound healing, inflammation and uveitis, lens opacity, neovascularization and age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma and neuroprotection.
Ocular Disease Models
- Glaucoma/Ocular Hypertension (OHT)
- Dry Eye
- Endotoxin-Induced Uveitis (EIU)
- Experimental Autoimmune Uveitis (EAU)
- Lens Opacity
- Corneal/Choroidal NV/AMD
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy (PVR)
- Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Punctal plug implantation
- Intraocular lens (IOL) implantation
- Shunt implantation
- Episcleral injection
- Intravitreal injection
- Subretinal injection
- Intracameral injection
- Intraocular pressure (IOP)
Toxikon’s Expertise in Ocular Disease Models
Toxikon’s specialties is conducting studies focused on the treatment of ocular diseases. Our experienced study directors will provide you with the expertise in ophthalmology models and endpoints for your ocular drug program.